We’ve worked with renowned comic illustrator Brian Williamson to turn some of this year’s biggest music moments into The Deezer Annual, a collection of limited edition pieces of art that are available to buy, raising money for international charity War Child.
From Zayn breaking hearts to Madonna falling on her arse, the story of 2015’s biggest music moments is full of highs and lows, now captured expertly through comic art. A long list made by our Deezer music editors was cross referenced with Deezer’s own streaming data to pull together the final 10, brought to life in humorous style with Williamson’s rich illustrations.
Williamson is a renowned illustrator, with a career that has seen him work with comic giants Marvel and DC Comics, in addition to the likes of Dreamworks, Aardman, Nintendo and Sega, among countless others.
Check out the full Deezer Annual 2015 below:
1. Zayn quits One Direction, breaking millions of girl’s hearts across the globe.
2. Justin Bieber redeems himself with global smash hit What Do You Mean? In fact, every single song from his Purpose album charted in the UK Top 100 – beating the record set by The Beatles.
3. Madonna falls off stage during a live BRITS performance.
4. Dave Grohl breaks his leg mid-performance, but still finishes the show.
5. Nicky Minaj and Taylor Swift are embroiled in a Twitter tantrum over the MTV VMAs nominations.
6. Drake triggers a million memes with the release of Hotline Bling His global streams increased by 218% after the video dropped.
7. Rihanna causes controversy with her violent and graphic B**** Better Have My Money!
8. The Weeknd prove that a numb face isn’t solely derived from a wild Saturday night after their hit becomes the global summer anthem. Their daily streaming ‘peak’ was reached on October 3rd, 2015.
9. Shirtless Shia LaBeouf shocks fans as he wrestles a tiny girl in Sia’s Elastic Heart.
10. Kanye West experiences the bitter taste of Karma, after his headline Glastonbury slot is upstaged by prankster Lee Nelson. It didn’t affect his streaming success however, as his UK listening figures spiked 66%.
You can have opportunity to win one of these inaugural illustrations for yourself by placing an online bid at http://deezer.auction-bid.org. All money raised through the auction will go directly to War Child – an international charity that helps children whose lives have been torn apart by wars in areas including Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan and the Central African Republic. They are protecting children from the brutal effects of conflict and helping them rebuild their lives through education, counselling and skills training.
Listen to The Deezer Annual playlist below or here: