New Audio Recognition Tool Identifies Unfamiliar Artists and Songs
April 17, 2018 – New York: Deezer, the world’s most personal music streaming service is making sure song addicts never miss out on any unfamiliar tune with the official launch of SongCatcher. Starting today, all Android mobile users with a Deezer app will be able to use the audio recognition tool to quickly identify new songs that are playing within hearing range of their mobile devices.
Users will have two ways to access SongCatcher on their Android mobile device – either by using the search bar function within the Deezer app, or alternatively users can use a shortcut* by selecting “audio search,” while pressing down on the Deezer app from their mobile device.
Deezer SongCatcher features include:
- A robust and diverse catalogue of over 53 million track from around the world
- Quick identification and sourcing of unknown tracks within the Deezer app either through the shortcut “audio search” or through the use of the search function that directs users to “identify sound”
- Ability to add newly identified tracks to your favorites and/or playlists
- Ability to play all saved and favorite tracks from SongCatcher
- Available for all Deezer Freemium** and paying subscribers
“We’re excited to bring music fans the ability to quickly identify and save their new favourite songs without leaving the app or interrupting their music experience. Today we are proud to offer people 53 million tracks on our platform, and SongCatcher makes it possible to find out if the song you are hearing is one of them,” said Alexander Holland, Chief Content and Product Officer, Deezer.
SongCatcher powered by ACRCloud is available for all Android users.
*Note: shortcut “audio search” is only available for Android users with version 7.1 and above.
**Freemium users can only listen to saved songs in shuffle mode.
For more information, please contact: email@example.com