André Atangana is a French dancer, choreographer, photographer and director and recently featured in our third ‘Dare To Discover’ episode. The film explores André’s relationship with music and how his experiences in life have inspired his choreography and helped him evolve into the artist he is today. We sat down with André to ask a few questions on the songs and musicians that inspire his creativity and motivate him to be the artist he is today.
1. First song you listened to this morning? “This time” by Pink Floyd
2. Favorite song to dance on stage? “Blind” by Hercules & Love Affair
3. What’s your guilty pleasure song? “Horny ‘98” by Mousse T & Hot ‘n’ Juicy
4. First album you ever bought? “Never Say Never” by Brandy
5. Favourite artist from your childhood? Janet Jackson and George Michael. It’s hard to just pick one.
6. Top 3 style of music or genre or songs
7. Most inspirational musician? Nina Simone.
8. What was the one biggest challenge trying to break into your career? To accept my vulnerability as a strength.
9. The hardest & best part of your job. The hardest part is that as an artist we are eternally dissatisfied, we are always looking for perfection, no rest or satisfaction. The best part of my job is my freedom, art is limitless.
10. Describe how music makes you feel in three words. FREE, ALIVE, OUT OF TIME. Is that more than three words?
Watch #DareToDiscover Episode 3