Latin Grammy Award Winner Names Brytiago as Deezer Next artist for both the US and Latin America for the first time
Deezer Announces Additional Rising Talent including Brent Cowles, Justin Quiles, Javiera Mena and Greeicy
French electronic duo The Blaze joins Jorja Smith and Zak Abel as Deezer NEXT 2018 global priority acts
New York, NY, August 27, 2018: Deezer, the world’s most personal music streaming service, is continuing its focus on new emerging talent with the announcement of its new Deezer NEXT acts with a special emphasis on Latin artists. For the first time ever, Deezer is working with a major established artist to pick its new NEXT act and Reggaeton “Big Boss” Daddy Yankee has hand-selected Brytiago as Deezer’s new Latin NEXT act.
Brytiago, the Puerto Rican singer and songwriter, signed to Daddy Yankee’s El Cartel Records is the first Latin artist to be named a local Deezer NEXT artist in both the US and in Latin America. Under the guidance of Daddy Yankee and the support of Deezer, the Latin trap artist will receive the full support of all NEXT acts worldwide including: 12 months of profile development, playlisting, and take part in creative Artist Marketing campaigns for 12 months.
“Brytiago is the new wave in Latin music,” said the Latin Grammy Award winner, Daddy Yankee. “He continues to grow as an artist and adapt to different styles of music. His music has the power to connect to a new generation of Latin music fans. I am always looking for artists with longevity over an ‘in the moment’ artist without lasting power. Brytiago has what it takes and Deezer NEXT is going to catapult him as an artist.”
“Daddy Yankee has been a guiding light. He always provides honest feedback and advice on my career. He is able to see things that no one else can see, all of which has been invaluable for me and my music.” said Deezer Next Latin American artist, Brytiago. I am very grateful for his support and excited for the journey with Deezer. Having people enjoy my music is an honor, and I look forward to being able to bring my songs to more people than ever before.”
Oscar Castellano, CEO Americas, said: “The Latin music market is thriving now more than ever and music streaming continues to catapult Latin music and artists worldwide. We’re thrilled to have Daddy Yankee’s support.”
Colorado native Brent Cowles has been named as the US pick for Deezer NEXT. The former member of You Me & Apollo, is embarking on a new musical journey with his breakout solo album. How To Be OK Alone, blurs the lines between boisterous indie rock, groovy R&B, and contemplative folk. His inspirations include the Heartless Bastards, Fleetwood Mac, Wilco and the Eagles. Find out more about his inspirations here: deezer-us.lnk.to/Cowles
Brent Cowles commented: “I’m stoked to be a part of the Deezer Next Program! Music is my life and I’m excited to see where the journey will lead.”
The developing artists joining the Deezer NEXT 2018 lineup include:
- Global Priority:
- The Blaze, a unique French dance and electronic duo, released their first single ‘Virile’ in 2016. They have since released popular tracks ‘Territory’ and ‘Heaven’, and a new album is due to drop later this year.
- Latin America:
- Justin Quilles has written songs for J Balvin and in 2017 broke into the new genre of Latin Trap with ‘Cuestion De Tiempo’
- Pushing boundaries in the Chilean Indie electro-pop scene, Javiera Mena released her fourth album ‘Espejo’ this year
- Greeicy is a Colombian actress and singer, who recently released her debut single ‘Mas Fuerte’ featuring Mike Bahía.
- Belgium-born pop artist, Angèle, has been catching attention with track ‘Adoubée’ alongside the famous Ibeyi and Damso
- Dance and electronic artist, Moussa, is turning heads with his first single, ‘Cabrioli’, launching at the end of last year
- Pop singer and songwriter, LEA, kick-started her musical journey on YouTube and this year released the track ‘Zu Dir’
- South Africa:
- Young DJ/Producer, Muzi, is building a presence in the South African electronic music scene after releasing album ‘Afrovision’ in 2018
- Pop singer/songwriter, Bianca Blac, hails from Pretoria and is gaining attention with her track ‘All My Life’
- Hip-hop artist and producer, Aman Ra, has a growing following with his music having achieved over 30 million combined YouTube views to date
Sulinna Ong, Global Vice President of Artist Marketing comments: “Supporting developing talent is vital. Our users’ tastes are diverse and there’s a real appetite for discovering new music which is why we’ve included a definite mix of genres in our 2018 program; from electronic and dance through to indie-pop and rap. With our 2017 alumni growing their global audience, we’re looking forward to working with our latest line-up to build similar success”
Since its first launch in January 2017, Deezer NEXT global and local artists have seen a huge increase in both fans and streams with Jorja Smith, the first Deezer global priority act of 2018 seeing a boost of over 1,187% in streams and more than 665% growth in fans, while Zak Abel has seen an impressive jump of 1,307% in streams and over 2,263% increase in fans.
Importantly, non-English speaking artists proved that they could attract international fanbases as nearly half of the Top 10 most streamed Deezer NEXT artists in 2017 were non-English language (French, German, Spanish and Portuguese).
For more information or to arrange an interview, please contact the Deezer PR team on firstname.lastname@example.org