- Deezer reveals more artists for Deezer NEXT, the global programme that supports and helps to grow exciting developing acts around the world
- The line-up of emerging local talent includes, but not limited to, PLK (France), Moha La Squale (France), Jonas Esticado (Brazil), Nico Santos (Germany), Young T & Bugsey (UK), Manizha (Russia) and Mala Rodrígues (Spain)
London, Monday 19th March 2018: Deezer, the world’s most personal music streaming service, has unveiled the second round of Deezer NEXT 2018 artists, with Zak Abel featuring alongside R&B singer Jorja Smith as global priority acts for this year.
Zak is a pop singer-songwriter who shot into the charts in 2014 as the voice of Gorgon City’s hit ‘Unmissable’. He has since released two EPs and debuted his first album ‘Only When We’re Naked’ last year.
Already in its second year, Deezer NEXT, which first debuted in January 2017, is a 12-month program designed to champion emerging talent from around the world. Artists involved will receive profile development, playlisting support and take part in creative artist marketing campaigns.
Zak Abel commented: “What an honour it is to be part of the Deezer NEXT 2018 campaign, I really appreciate the support and can’t wait to get new music out into the world!”
Deezer is proud to present Young T & Bugsey, as the selected artists for Deezer NEXT UK. The two Nottingham rappers met when they were 15 and have been repping their city through music since their 2015 debut single ‘1st Quarter’. They count Stormzy as one of their fans and mentors.
More Deezer NEXT regional artists:
- Jonas Esticado is the new face of Forró, an emerging genre from the northeast of Brazil that’s taking over the country
- The duo George Henrique & Rodrigo are bringing their mix of traditional and modern Sertanejo in a bar-themed upcoming album
- Diego & Victor Hugo are a rising duo within the Sertanejo scene
- Blending pop and rap, Cynthia Luz is an upcoming artist to keep an eye on
- Moha La Squale is a new sensation in French Rap with hit ‘Bandolero’
- PLK, a French rapper with Polish origins, is gaining popularity with songs such as ‘Dis-moi oui’
- Singer and rapper, Eunique, is making waves with debut album ‘GIFT’
- German-Spanish singer-songwriter Nico Santos released his first solo single ‘Rooftop’ last year, after featuring on single ‘Home’ from DJ/producer Topic
- Electronic pop singer-songwriter, Rayssa Dynta, gained recognition for her single ‘Something About Us’ and has recently released her EP ‘Prolog’
- Rahmania Astrini, known for her covers and silvery voice, will be releasing her debut EP this year
- Malaysia & Singapore: A rising four-piece Malaysian indie rock band, Midnight Fusic, are slowly hitting air-waves across Malaysia & Singapore with break-through single ‘Lovesick’
- Netherlands: Born in French-Guinea and raised in France and the Netherlands, Cartiez is turning heads with his debut album ‘De Wereld Is Gelogen’
- Russia: Instagram star, Manizha, blends Russian and English on upcoming album ‘ЯIAM’
- South Africa: Kimosabe, a Xhosa spirit with a global agenda, is breaking the boundaries of African music
- Spain: Latin Grammy award-winning Spanish hip-hop singer, Mala Rodríguez, featured on ‘Me Voy’ last year with French-duo Ibeyi
- UK: Nottingham rapping duo, Young T & Bugsey, most recently collaborated with D-Block Europe and New Gen on ‘Favourite Girl’
- USA: Classical guitarist turned alternative R&B singer-songwriter, R.Lum.R, released his critically acclaimed single ‘Frustrated’ in 2017
Sulinna Ong, Global Vice President – Artist Marketing comments: “Talent can come from anywhere, and with Deezer Next 2018 we are excited to find and support emerging artists from as far afield as Malaysia to Brazil. People’s tastes are becoming wider and more diverse. Streaming is now the primary way that people are discovering new music and with Deezer Next we can use that potential to give exposure to these developing artists and help build their careers.”
For more information, please contact email@example.com