Fetty Wap has had an incredible year. From being the first male rapper since Eminem to occupy 3 songs in the top 20 on Billboard’s Hot 100, having a viral hit (Trap Queen) become a platinum selling song of the summer, to having your song reach the ears of Taylor Swift, which leads to an invite to perform on stage with her on the next 1989 tour stop – one would argue that 2015 is the year of Fetty Wap. Now that his self titled debut album has finally reached the ears of his fans, we had the opportunity to ask the “My Way” rapper a few questions. Exclusive to our Deezer family. Enjoy!
For the fans who don’t know, how exactly did the injury happen with your eye?
– I had congenital gluocoma when I was little.
How does it feel to have the whole world screaming “1738”?
– It feels good. When you hear that 1738 you know what’s up , you know it’s Fetty Wap.
If trapping wasn’t so popular, what would your Queen be up to?
– she would in the kitchen making me steak and mashed potatoes.
What inspired you to grow your dreads?
– This very spiritual and inspirational woman I met.
Who is your dream collaboration and why?
– I have a few that I’m working on- ya’ll will see soon.
Listen to his album Trap Queen here: http://www.deezer.com/album/11168492